Stanford Health Care and Sutter Health have signed a letter of motive to explore possibilities to mutually provide cancer care for sufferers and their families inside the East Bay vicinity of the San Francisco/Oakland metropolitan region. The cause of the collaboration is to boom get admission to fantastic cancer take care of sufferers as near home as possible by way of building at the strength of Stanford’s management in most cancers care and clinical research, the Stanford Medicine community, and Sutter’s integrated network.
Here are five matters to know approximately the joint cancer care attempt:
1. The new East Bay oncology collaboration would assist nearby sufferers in simplifying care coordination, reduce journey time and attention on remedy and recovery.
2. Initial sports between the 2 entities will take cognizance of ways to build upon the present-day and developing most cancers-associated services and care settings already in the vicinity in the two businesses’ respective networks. Besides, the collaboration will joint efforts to increase entry to cancer clinical trials and make different enhancements to desire and first-class of taking care of East Bay patients and their households.
3. Joint discussions additionally consist of capacity plans to develop an integrated, multidisciplinary most cancers center inside the East Bay, modeled at the noticeably a successful Stanford Cancer Center South Bay idea. The planned outpatient cancer center might function as a neighborhood hub for cancer care and provide East Bay sufferers and their families admission to the most superior, entire, and coordinated care from screening through survivorship.
4. A collaboration among Stanford and Sutter Health might substantially enhance access for East Bay cancer patients to new possibilities for medical care and clinical studies, together with an extended array of scientific trials.
5. The opportunity will substantially decorate their shared commitment to health fairness via enhancing get right of entry to remarkable take care of underrepresented minorities in the community who frequently lack entry to superior care alternatives and the potential to participate in medical trials.
With this new collaboration, Stanford Health Care pursuits to carry the whole complement of its world-magnificence most cancers prevention, treatment, and medical research applications to serve patients within the East Bay,” said David Entwistle, president, and CEO of Stanford Health Care. “Partnering with Sutter Health, with its properly-mounted, superb cancer software inside the vicinity, is the appropriate possibility, and we’re pleased to move forward with them in this attempt.
As an included network, Sutter Health has proudly furnished handy, super care to our sufferers across the East Bay for over a century, and we’re excited to build on this legacy,” said Sarah Krevans, president and CEO of Sutter Health. “This announcement is an example of Sutter and Stanford’s shared dedication as now not-for-income health systems to provide best, compassionate, and convenient care, and to accomplish that in a manner that supplies the first-class consequences for our sufferers and our community.